Friday, February 11, 2011

7 Years Old

My baby, Grant, turned 7 years old today.   We had a GREAT day.  Garrett went to a movie and Monroe all day with a friend who was celebrating his birthday.  So Grant and I got to spend some time together.  We straightened up the house, ran some errands for his party and then met Granny and Paw at Applebees for lunch. I asked Grant to show me how old he was and I snapped a photo real quick...
He is growing up fast but he still seems alot younger at 7 than my oldest did...  Here are some photos of him with Granny and Paw.....




When our waitress found out it was his birthday, she brought him a hot fudge Sundae which he devoured!!


When Paw and Granny asked him why he couldn't stop growing this was the adorable pic I got....

Our birthday party was at the Louisiana Tech University Natatorium....it is an indoor heated pool and it was the perfect place for a party....
Grant warmed up in the shallow end with a cannonball....


Then, with NO hesitation at all, he climbed up the high dive and jumped off....this was NOT Grant's first time off the high dive...he did it several times during the summer but it had been a while but there was no fear...

Grant's choice for a birthday theme this year was Ghostbusters....he loves these movies and says he is going to be a ghostbuster when he grows up...here is his adorable cake...


It was a fun party....they swam and swam and ate pizza and cake and now Grant has a friend sleeping over.  This is his first time to have someone spend the night and I am so exhausted I hope the kid doesn't start crying for his mom....
It was a fun 7th birthday and I know that before I'm ready, it will be seventeen.....

No comments:

Post a Comment