Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day

So we live in the South, right?  I mean we are all about humidity and warm temps....well, obviously I am not far enough South because it hasn't been above freezing in two days and the boys are out of school today on a snow day.  I think they use that term very liberally because I'll be honest...I haven't seen the first snowflake.  How about calling it what it is....its an ice day....

These are some small trees in my yard...they are starting to bend over under weight of the ice...


This is my mailbox....the boys keep going out and eating the icicles off it...luckily more keep forming :) .

So how are we entertaining ourselves on this nasty cold day?  Well, this morning when I knew we would be cooped up all day, we ventured out and went to one of our very favorite places...BLOCKBUSTER....
They each chose a game and a movie...

Here is Grant watching Toy Story 3...the end of this movie makes me cry EVERY single time I watch it...how cool is it to get to watch a tv at home where Woody is bigger than you?


Here is my big boy vegged out in front of his wii game....Lego Star Wars...I will say that he does not spend hours in front of video games...he gets tired of it after about 30 minutes and does something else...

And what am I doing?  Well, cleaning here and there....laundry....checking out my favorite scrappy sites...scrapbook.com and My Scrapbook Nook and doing a little scrapping....

This is what my space looks like right now...I am a very messy scrapper :)  .

Here are a few of my latest creations......

This is Grant when he was 10 months old....his first Christmas, his first introduction to Santa....I thought he would be scared but he wasn't....just very curious...look at that little face...
The journaling reads:    

Oh, Sweet Boy, this Christmas has been wondrous!!! Ive been able to see everything anew through your eyes. Everything has been fresh and amazing to you. The lights, the gifts, the music, and Santa. I have to tell you that seeing this photo of you brought tears to my eyes. No fear....no hesitation...just wonder, curiosity, and pure innocence are shining on your face. Enjoy this time my precious, and I want to thank you for bringing the wonder and joy of this blessed season back to me. I love you, my sweet Grant. Merry Christmas!

And here is one of Grant when he was about 7 or 8 months old....

Journaling:  My very precious, Grant, you are so beautiful, innocent, and amazing to me. I hope you are having the very sweetest dreams. You are such a blessing and so very loved...I pray you grow up knowing that Mom and Dad love you unconditionally. I hope that all of your dreams come true...I pray that you are willing to work toward those dreams and nver quit even when things seem impossible....DREAM!!

I love capturing these memories for myself and for my boys and I love knowing that they will have these letters from me and how I loved them even when I am gone.

So even though I hate this cold weather, we have had a fun "Snow" day...still, I'd rather be having a fun day with higher temps....oh well, Summer will be here before we know it...yay!!!! Until next time, stay warm and make lots of memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment