Thursday, January 27, 2011

UPWARD BASKETBALL

This past weekend was busy but fun....

First thing Saturday morning both boys had basketball games....we love these games even if they do get us up and out before 8 on Saturday mornings...
Grant's game was first and he is not quite 7....


I think these were the only two times he touched the ball in the whole game...lol....and I got it both times.  I'm not saying that he doesn't enjoy playing the game....because he loves to go and he likes to try and shoot the basketball (when he can get to it), but he just lacks that drive and aggression that Garrett plays with...for example...the coach pulled him out of the game(they have to sit out some because there are more players than spots to play...) and was he watching the game or cheering for his teammates while they played?
NOPE!
I love this shot....his coach is all involved in whatever was happening on the court, and there's Grant...staring at something...not quite sure what...lol...that's my baby boy...gotta love him. 

Grant's game was over at 10 and we had to wait 2 hours for Garrett's game to start at 12...so we went to Waffle House and had some breakfast, and then made the obligatory Wal-Mart run...funny how in a small town if you have an hour or so to kill, you just go to Wal-Mart...

Watching Garrett's game is a little different for me...I love watching Grant play but with Garrett it gets a little more intense...I actually get into the game and I have to watch myself so that I'm not yelling at him, or the refs, or the other players the whole game...yes, I will admit I am quite competitive and have been known to yell during a little league game...yes...I am blushing while admitting that to you...
GO, GARRETT!!!!
That is my #33 making that basket...
Garrett is alot like his Dad....very aggressive, very driven, and determined to get the ball even if he breaks a bone (his or anyone else's who might be in his way) while he is doing it....
Defense?  Let me just say....Garrett takes his defense SERIOUSLY!!!
I think his motto is, "FOUL, SHMOUL"
Whatever it takes to keep his guy from making a basket, he'll do it...in a couple of years that will have him riding the bench when he fouls out...and trust me,....that will be in the first five minutes of the game....

I can only say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a boy mom and the more sports...the better!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment