Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A New Year and A New Resolution

Wow....is it really 2011?  The last time I blogged it was 2008....three years that went by without me documenting our ups and downs, our successes and our failures.  That makes me so sad.  My boys are growing faster and faster every day and I have resolved in this new year to record as much of our lives as possible....the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I have also reawakened my passion for preserving our memories through scrapbooking so this blog will marry our lives with my scrappy creations and we'll see what we get.

I titled this blog Rock, Srap, and Roll because we are soooo busy.   We run from this activity to that practice to school, to work, to homework....but I LOVE every minute of it.  I wanted this blog to reflect our lives and lifestyle and hey, its how we roll....

I want to start by showing you a few pics from our Christmas and new year....
This is my Garrett with his cousin, Ava....he thinks she is the cutest baby God ever created and has told me several times that he wishes we could give Wes and Leah (my brother and sister in law) Grant and keep Ava in his place....and really....look at this pic.....
Can you blame him?  She is pretty darn cute.....
On New Years Eve we went to some friends' house and enjoyed an afternoon of fun, food, and fellowship...the boys had friends there....oh...maybe I should mention that they were the only boys...all their friends were girls....but they weren't complaining :)
Here is my baby, Grant with his good friend Ryleigh.  They have been friends their whole lives and love being together...I call him a baby.....geez....my baby will be seven years old in a month.....sigh....look at how adorable he is....
Needless to say, he gets away with alot more than he should...simply by giving me that sweet (and right now, gap toothed) smile....here he is holding a smore of which I think he ate at least four.  Still didn't make it until midnight though...even with the help of chocolate.

I have missed blogging and recording my thoughts and feelings.  I have only made this one entry and already I feel infinitely better.  This year is going to be about enjoying my family and making as many wonderful memories as possible...although...even the not so good ones will be recorded here...only because writing helps me to process any and all problems and situations....so...until next time....go and make your own wonderful memories...I'd love to hear about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment